Thursday, December 22, 2005

Sixteen Candles and Playing Santa

Today is my little sister's 16th birthday. We went to Litchfield to eat dinner with the family. The Ruby Tuesday up there is pretty good. Beth got her driver's license today, and she drove by herself for the first time. We just got back home, and now we've got to go play Santa. Our wacky schedule this year has us doing Christmas morning tomorrow before I leave for work.

I also found out today that my boss will not let me work off my three hours of vacation, and I am probably not going to get paid for the twenty minutes of overtime I put in yesterday. She said that I would have needed to arrange for that before hand. I shot back a slightly unprofessional reply that there was no way I could have, since I did not know I would be using my vacation time until the following Monday, and that I WOULD be paid for my extra time. If this job gets in the way of my ability to be a good fiance and mother, it is doing me no good at all. I am sacrificing a lot to work this kind of job instead of chasing my real career all over the place. I'm really upset with the whole thing. I'm positive that the only way to "win" is to lie. That makes me really angry. I guess it was all by the book, and I guess I should have known when I took a job that required me to punch a time clock. I'll probably be angry all over again when I get this check on January 6 and see that I am not being paid either. What burns me the most is how they preached on and on about their flexibility during my job interview. Yeah, right.

No comments: