Monday, December 12, 2005

Some Vacation!

I found out this morning at work that my company is forcing me to use three of my vacation hours for my daycare debauchle on Thursday. Had I known that I would not be able to use my last 2 1/2 hours of sick time, I would have sent Dennis instead. Wonderful! I sure do wish she would have told me this up front. Now I know that if any other emergencies come up, someone will always, always be sick... This is going to put me just a few hours short of a full week for my honeymoon in April.

We had a baby shower for one of the women at work today. My department went in together for a bogger gift, and it was really a hit! I'm glad it worked out, since I was the one who first suggested it. *whew* I also cooked my meatballs. Dennis was not sure that they would go over, but everyone gobbled them up. There were only six left, and I gave them away for someone to take home. *whew*

In other news, Chris started his new afterschool routine today! We did indeed switch daycare providers. I don't know that they believed we would. It was "fine with them" anyway. I hope the new place works out, they seem very nice - at least so far...

No comments: