Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Cross Training



I've been covering for someone at work every other day. She is gone until the end of next month on maternity leave. My department is starting to get busy, and I feel very disloyal leaving them all day to do this simple work. However, I know that the other department I'm helping needs the extra person, and I know that we're all one big team.

I don't like the work. It is half phone work, but at least the people on the other end of the line are our customers who have active orders, and I am not selling anything. The other half is mind-numbingly boring and repetitive. I honestly don't know why it isn't automated. I'm sure Microsoft Access is smart enough to do it on its own.

Mantra for the week: I can do anything on a temporary basis.

No comments: