Sunday, January 22, 2006

While the cat's away...

Dennis and I got to have an adults only weekend out of town. (Yeah, a date, I think it is getting serious!) We went to Springfield Illinois to see the sights.

Saturday:

Lincoln's Home:


View of the Old State Capital from Lincoln's Law Office:


We also saw the new Lincoln Presidential Library / Museum. It was incredible! Standing in front of one of the copies of the Gettysburg Address brought me to tears. Very neat!

We had dinner at Jolly Tamale, which was a nice trip down memory lane for me. I am not sure how impressed Dennis was with it, but you know, it wasn't bad food. Then we caught up with my family at Springfield High School. My sister had a Highland Dance program. It was a little disorganized, but fun anyway. I didn't feel well overnight, but I was fine again in the morning. Go figure!

Sunday:

Lincoln's Tomb:


Frank Lloyd Wright's Dana-Thomas House:

No comments: