Thursday, May 12, 2005

Three Years

It is time to start reading old emails again. Today is the one year anniversary of the first post of the whole affair; the three year anniversary since Dennis and I started talking to each other.

We don't keep track of the real first time we met, which was sometime in the fall of 2001. I only had a passing thought of the meeting that prompted the emails to begin - which was May 4th, 2002. We date things by the first message Dennis sent me. I'm making an official post today because this is where the record keeping starts. We don't have a date for when our relationship actually started. It is split between today and August 7, 2002, when we moved in together.

To tell the truth, I didn't put two and two together when I got that first message from Dennis. I didn't know exactly who was asking, I didn't realize he was even a local. I just figured he was someone who had either seen a picture of my car with license plate, or he had tried to contact me via AIM and seen my screen name there. It wasn't the first random private message I'd received on Neons.org, but it did wind up being the only one that lead to the love of my life.

Amazing how random life can be, isn't it?

No comments: