Monday, July 05, 2004

The Last Day Off

It's our last day off together. Dennis's last day of an eleven day vacation! We're being vegetables. I think I'd like to be celery. Maybe Dennis is an eggplant?

We were going to go downtown to Fair St. Louis Saturday night to see the big fireworks, but after it got rained out Friday and there was a good chance of rain Saturday, we opted for another trip to Festus. This time we took Chris with us and got another $30 worth of fireworks. Chris is taken with sparklers this year. Forgot to take the digital camera though. Darn, there would have been some cute pictures!

Yesterday I got my birthday present from my parents. We all went to Six Flags. Oh, my dad was in fine form. :x Dennis tried really hard to keep him entertained and distracted. It was a nice try, but it didn't work. He wound up going to sit by the entrance for the rest of the day. Weeine. It gave Dennis a good glimpse behind the scenes. Not sure that's exactly what I wanted him to see :)

I didn't let it ruin my day. We tried really hard to have fun. As always, the 4th of July was HOT and MUGGY. Blah. I didn't get to ride The Boss, Mr. Freeze, or the Screamin' Eagle. For some reason they shut some of the coasters down for the day? We didn't make it to the water park either, which was fine by me!

No comments: