Thursday, December 30, 2004

The Cutest Wine

I just found the cutest wine. I'm not sure if it is the best wine, but I couldn't resist it sitting there on the shelf last night.



Awwww, isn't it sweet? The Little Penguin. *melt*

It's another Australian Shiraz. I really enjoyed the last one I had, which was Black Swan Shiraz, which gets "GOLD MEDAL, 2004 PACIFIC RIM WINE COMP. A very appealing wine, the brightly-fruited '02 Black Swan Shiraz exhibits tasteful black fruit and violet flavors; smooth and easy on the palate; delectable!" from BevMo. We had it with DJ's deer roast, and we both found it very appealing.

BevMo says, "86 PTS WILFRED WONG. Subtle, smooth, and succulent, the soundly made '03 Little Penguin Shiraz stays delicious and delectable on the palate; superb with baked game hen in a wine reduction sauce," about the Little Penguin. (BevMo is the only place I can find both wines listed with blurbs.) I've heard blueberries with this one, so I may wind up just drinking it by itself.

I didn't buy it because I thought it would be excellent. I bought it because it has a penguin on the label. Hehe :)

No comments: