Saturday, June 25, 2005

Apartment Hunting

Dennis and I spent the greater part of the day looking around St. Charles for an apartment. It isn't that I don't like St. Charles, it's just that I REALLY DON'T LIKE ST. CHARLES! Unfortunately, to get Chris in a supportive environment, and to avoid making him change school districts TWICE more, we have to settle for the area my ex-husband chose. (Not just the school district, but the specific elementary school as well.) I have to admit that his school is awesome!

St. Charles isn't really a place to live in an apartment with a child. The apartments are all too expensive, too nit-picky, or too damn crappy. There just aren't small, friendly complexes like we are in now. The "nice" places are all huge and full of single twenty-somethings. (I guess we are technically single twenty-somethings ourselves, but not in the O.C. kind of way I mean.)

We know for a fact that this is going to motivate us to bust ass for a home of our own. We know what we're looking at for the next two years. But we're trying to keep our chins up, because two years isn't a lifetime.

I continue to be amazed at how much Dennis is willing to give up for Chris and me. I don't think that there is a more amazing man on the face of the earth.

No comments: