Friday, June 03, 2005

Oprah is my Arch-Nemesis!

I can't believe it! Oprah has chosen books that overlap my reading list yet again! Now she is reading three Faulkner novels, As I Lay Dying, The Sound and the Fury, and Light in August. I have already read two of them, and my Blog entry for As I Lay Dying is getting a lot of traffic since the book club announcement. I was not as impressed with Light in August, but I wonder if I'll start drawing hits on that page when they get closer. I hope Oprah's Book Club Website can help me gain some much needed understanding and appreciation when it comes to that book. I wanted to like it more than I did.


Speaking of reading, I've gone on an off-list adventure, and I am currently working on Salt and Saffron by Kamila Shamsie. So far it is an interesting read.

No comments: